School of Management, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), China
Room 701B, Management Building, Email: email@example.com
Hey there. I am a faculty member at International Institute of Finance & School of Management, USTC. I obtained my Ph.D. degree in 2013 from the Department of Industrial Engineering and Decision Analytics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Fugee Tsung. Back in 2009, I received my B.E. degree from the School of Mechnical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, under the supervision of Prof. Zhibin Jiang.
I work on the operation and business strategies related to supply chains, trying to figure out the optimal rules that minize costs of firms. To apply the strategies, I frequently use convex optimization and dynamic programming to develop efficient algorithms. I am also interested in multiple areas such as information system, artificial intelligence, robotics, etc.
I may post some blogs when I am soooo boring. They shall be found here.
School of Management, University of Science and Technology of China
Associate Professor, 2019 - Present
Assistant Professor, 2016 - 2018
College of Business/Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
Research Fellow, 2013 - 2016
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Department of IEDA, 2009 - 2013
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, 2005 - 2009
Supply Chain and Inventory Management, Dynamic Pricing, Dynamic Programming, Data-Driven Research
Instructor, Operations Management (OM), International MBA (IMBA), USTC, since 2018
- Xiaobei Shen, Yimin Yu. Capacity allocation with multiple suppliers and multiple demand classes. Production and Operations Management, 2019, 28(11), 2792-2807. (Manuscript)
- Xiaobei Shen, Lina Bao, Yimin Yu, Zhongsheng Hua. Managing supply chains with expediting and multiple demand classes. Production and Operations Management, 2019, 28(5), 1129-1148. (Manuscript)
- Xiaobei Shen, Lina Bao, Yimin Yu. Coordinating inventory and pricing decisions with general price-dependent demands. Production and Operations Management, 2018, 27(7), 1355-1367. (Manuscript)
- Xiaobei Shen, Zoie Shui-Yee Wong, Man Ho Ling, David Goldsman, Kwok-Leung Tsui. Comparison of algorithms to simulate disease transmission. Journal of Simulation, 2017, 11(3), 285-294. (Manuscript)
- Xiaobei Shen, Kwok-Leung Tsui, William H. Woodall, Changliang Zou. Self-starting monitoring scheme for Poisson count data with varying population sizes. Technometrics, 2016, 58(4), 460-471. (Manuscript)
- Xiaobei Shen, Fugee Tsung, Changliang Zou. A new multivariate EWMA scheme for monitoring covariance matrices. International Journal of Production Research, 2014, 52(10), 2834-2850. (Manuscript)
- Xiaobei Shen, Fugee Tsung, Changliang Zou, Wei Jiang. Monitoring Poisson count data with probability control limits when sample sizes are time-varying. Naval Research Logistics, 2013, 60(8), 625-636. (Manuscript)